Products with Gluten
We don’t carry ANY products that contain gluten or wheat ingredients. However, we are not certified gluten free (yet). Hopefully that will happen soon.
Royal Jelly Nutrition
- 12-13% Protein, 12-15% Carbohydrates, 5-6% Beneficial Lipids (Including Vitamins & Minerals)
- High in B vitamin panthothenic acid
- Contains Minerals like: Calcium, Copper, Iron, Phosphorous, Potassium
- 17 amino acids including the 8 essential amino acids
- Milk Chocolate: Sugar, milk, cocoa butter, chocolate liquor, sunflower seed lecithin, and pure vanilla.
- Dark Chocolate: Sugar, chocolate liquor processed with potassium carbonate, cocoa butter, milk fat (butter), sunflower seed lecithin and pure vanilla.
- “Ivory” Chocolate: Sugar, cocoa butter, whole & nonfat milk solids, soya lecithin and vanilla.
Chocolate is the most craved of all foods. Researches in the Journal of the American Dietetic Assoc. believe that chocolate’s appeal is a combination of it’s nutrients and chemical composition, as well as its fat and sugar.
- Carob (dry milk, carob powder, whey, fractionated palm kernel oil, soy lecithin).
Products with no nuts:
- Honey Caramels: Butterscotch, Caramel, Cinna-honey, Mint, Strawberry Banana, Strawberry Lemonade and Huckleberry.
- Truffles: All Milk, Caramel, Chai Spice, Cherry, Dark on Dark, Dark Mint, Peach Raspberry, Dark Raspberry, Raspberry, Dark Sea Salt*, Sea Salt Caramel*.
- All Honey products are nut free.
- All products are free of wheat.
- *Products are 89% organic.
Peanuts are used only in the Peanut Butter Truffle. We take precautions to ensure no cross contamination.
Natural Color ingredients:
- Red: Natural Beet juice, water, propylene glycol, citric acid.
- (Natural red color used in: Cinna-honey honey caramel, Strawberry Lemonade honey caramel).
- Purple: Purple cabbage.
- (Natural purple cabbage used in Huckleberry whipped honey, Huckleberry honey sticks and Huckleberry honey caramel).
- Green: Hydrogenated veg oil, yellow 5, blue 1 lakes, lecithin.
- (Artificial colors are used on the Dark Mint Truffle).
Natural and artificial flavors are used in the Cinna-honey honey caramel.
The Story of Chocolate
All Chocolates Are NOT Created Equal
- Look for chocolate containing no hydrogenated fats and oils.
- Chocolate is considered high-quality if the only added fat is cocoa butter.
- The best chocolate should be low in sugar.
- Choose a chocolate with few added ingredients or fillings that are high in fat and sugar.
Benefits of Chocolate
- Catechins, antioxidants found in black tea, are believed to help boost the immune system and prevent heart disease. Dutch researchers say that dark chocolate contains four times more catechins than black tea.
- Chocolate seems to contain an antibacterial agent that prohibits plaque formation.
- Chocolate is very high in proanthocyanidins, the same type of flavenoid believed to give red wine its heart-healthy benefits.
- Chocolate contains several bioactive substances that may affect serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain.
The Story of Honey
Honey contains several compounds that function as antioxidants, which are compounds that help delay the oxidative damage to cells or tissues in our bodies. Known antioxidant compounds in honey are chrysin, pinobanksin, vitamin C catalase, and pinocembrin. The range of antioxidants found in honey is comparable to that in apples, bananas, oranges and strawberries, and it contains the same level of antioxidants as spinach.
A mechanism within the human body signals when we have eaten enough of a natural sweet. This mechanism does not respond the same to a refined or altered carbohydrate.
- Honey is a great energy food.
- Honey is a natural, unrefined food.
- Honey tastes good; honey is good; AND it contains food elements needed by the human body.
No wonder Aristotle called honey, “The nectar of the gods.”
Honey … Nature’s Golden Antioxidant
A unique food, honey is the only predigested sweetener in nature, being 99% predigested when it reaches you. It is a living organic, instant energy building food containing all the essential minerals necessary for life; seven vitamins of the B-complex group, amino acids, enzymes, and other vital factors.
Honey is one of nature’s most powerful germ killers. It is the touch of healing in a thousand remedies around the earth. Germs simply cannot survive in honey.
A natural preservative, honey extends the shelf life of Queen Bee Gardens® honey confections.
One of nature’s purest foods, honey is also the most complete. Nutritionists agree that honey contains some of every nutrient needed for cell building, such as vitamins, minerals, proteins and large amounts of various natural sweeteners. This makes the health properties of honey truly different from the empty calories of refined sugars.
Honey is a rich source of carbohydrates. In addition, honey contains a wide array of vitamins, such as vitamin B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin and pantothenic acid. Essential minerals including calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc as well as several different amino acids have been identified in honey.